Fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) is a composite material made of a polymer matrix reinforced with fibres. FRP have distinct advantages that make them attractive for a wide uses. It is commonly used in the aerospace, automotive, marine etc. One of its application is FRP doors. The advantages of these doors are:
- Excellent water-sealing property. With rain-proof plate, grooves and poles water drainage, doors and windows can isolate rain to outside doors completely.
- Effectual heat preservation. The FRP doors and windows’ heat resistance almost twice as much as plastic-steel doors. In winter, it’s an able temperature keeper, increasing room temperature about 5°c.
- High intensity. It can sustain its own weight, do not bend, fade, distort or rust.
- Perfect sound insulation. With elaborate structure design and rigorous connection, the sound insulation of FRP doors is below 20 db, which makes a quite house interior.
- Easy-maintained. FRP doors have good resistance to acids, alkalis and waste gas salty substances. They hardly need maintenance, any cleanser can make them clean and new as before.
- High durability. FRP doors have long service life, amount to 50 years, almost same age with the building. They are water, termite and chemical resistant.
- FRP door can be easily fitted by any carpenter.
- We can customize any color, wood grain that you need. We will take high-quality service, fast delivery and reasonable price, satisfy all your need.
Kapilvastu Glass Fiber Industries is Nepal’s first and largest manufacturer of FRP doors and door frames. Started in B.S. 2057 this company has been manufacturing FPR/GRP doors since then.
Kapilvastu Glass Fiber has produced over 10000 FRP doors till date and have supplied them to a number of large projects.
FRP composite doors are made of plain, decorative and designed FRP structure embedded with a wooden frame. FRP doors are the best substitute for wooden doors. They are decorative, strong and durable in comparison to wooden doors. They are cost effective also.
- Water Proof and fire retardant
- Good heat and cold insulation
- Di electric properties
- Environmental resistance – Water, termite and chemical
- Dimensionally stable and maintenance free
- Light in weight in comparison with wood and steel
- Free of breakage but repairable
- Chemical resistance to mild acid and alkalis
- Manufactured using Eco-friendly technology
- Ready to fix and cost effective
- Solid PU core shuttering
- Aesthetically pleasing, available in various colors
FRP doors are available in two finishes: Gelcoat and Veneer finish:
The Gelcoat finish gives you a permanent single color finish, which is imparted using specially formulated resins & UV stabilized pigments.
The Veneer finish achieved using printed FRP Tissue replicates the majestic look of polished Wood Veneer, which looks genuine and requires no maintenance. It replicates not only the look but also gives the feel of a timber door with a unique Wooden Texture and gives you excellent value for money.
Classification of FRP Doors
- KF – Kapilvastu Glass Fiber Industries
- VN – Veneer
- GC – Gelcoat
- P – Panels ( 1P one panel / 2P two panel / 4P four panel / 6P six panel )
- D – D Model
- G – Galaxy Model
- T – Textured finish
Numbers to be given to FRP Doors
- KF-1P-T (1 PANEL TEXTURED FINISH)
- KF-2P-GC (2 PANEL GELCOAT FINISH)
- KF-2P-VN (2 PANEL VENEER FINISH)
- KF-4P-T (4 PANEL TEXTURED FINISH)
- KF-6P-GC (6 PANEL GELCOAT FINISH)
- KF-6P-T (6 PANEL TEXTURED FINISH)
- KF-D-GC (D MODEL GELCOAT FINISH)
- KF-G-GC (GALAXY GELCOAT FINISH)